Friday, October 23, 2015

My stuff has stuff ...

So, ya know. just this very minute I was going to work on a collage with a certain type of paper that I knew exactly where to find in a, oh so messy,  basement room. We all have a room or 2 like that, right? RIGHT?   In this room you had to lift your legs sky hIgh and carefully scoot and clamber around random boxes and other assorted junk.
 Anyway, I knew exactly where that small box of origami paper was... sniff.  That is, until my very capable and very beloved oldest son who is visiting for a few weeks before his yearlong jaunt to Aussieland decided to clean up and organize the room.  My son is great!  He even went out and purchased more shelving, assembled said shelving and organized all the junk and stuff and the stuff's stuff.   The room is beautiful now!  Everything is neatly stacked on shelves.  Sigh ... I do love him very much.  But where is that origami paper?
 I reckon I can use some of that rice paper I batiked a few weeks ago.  At least I know where that is - on the dining room table where it really doesn't belong, but, hey, it's a surface, so I put stuff on it.

Speaking of the son .. He gave me permission a few weeks ago to post a video he made. The electronic music is by my youngest son and improvisational skills by a friend.  I think it's pretty darn cool. Hope you enjoy!



27 comments:

LX said...

What creative sons you have!

The Truth? I can't handle The Truth!

foam said...

I think so!

dianne said...

Yes, I have a room like that, it is my tiny bedroom, come storage room etc., sad really!
Yes you do have two creative sons. Is your eldest coming to Australia because of his creative musical talent?
Happy week dear Foamy!
xoxoxo ♡

foam said...

Nope, he has a work/travel visa.

X. Dell said...

(1) Did your son also produce the visual content of this video? It's pretty.

(2) I'm sorry that you had to settle for rice paper, but I do find the anecdote amusing. That's one point for living alone.

(3) Surfaces were made for stuff. Don't ever forget it.

(4) Something struck me as odd with respect to the improvised monologue. But I won't get into that here.

foam said...

Hey X! So good to see you, mein Freund.
1. Yup, my oldest son certainly produced the visual content. 2. I suppose there are pros and cons when living with roomies or going solo. 3. I agree. 4. Now I'm curious, of course. I'll have to listen again. Of course, I thought it was ODD, but also funny.

LX said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

X. Dell said...

Merry X-Mas.

foam said...

And a Merry Christmas to you too, X!

LX said...

Merry Christmas!

LX said...

Prosit Neujahr!

LX said...

Hope you guys are safe from the snow storm.

foam said...

So far do good, lax.. We have about two inches right now with more, of course coming down. We have a ton of firewood, Brunswick stew in the crockpot, tons of booze .. I say bring it on!

Chris Benjamin said...

I'm very excited for when my children are old enough to organize things for me, show me how to do things, and go out and do creative and wonderful things on their own and share them with me.

foam said...

Chris! Yes, I'm very excited to witness what my sons are doing as adults. Your son and daughter must be keeping you on your toes. They are at a great age. Enjoy! :-)

63mago said...

Goodness, here you are - in the most hidden corner of the interwebs ...

foam said...

Yes, my friend.. I'm still here with my very intermittent blogging. :-D

63mago said...

Good morning - it is still Aschermittwoch and snowing.

Cool new avatar - who created it ?

foam said...

It snowed here 10 days ago. I like snow as long as it doesn't wreck too much havoc.
And little ole me created the avatar. These are my drawing doodles :-)

LX said...

Foam, Be My Valentine! [MMWWAAHH!]

63mago said...

Daaahling ?

foam said...

I know, sweetums, I know .. sigh ..

63mago said...

Schnucki ?

foam said...

Ich bin noch da, Spätzchen!

63mago said...

Schahatz ! Jezz' aber ... - ?

foam said...

Alla hop dann.. morsche vielleicht :-)

63mago said...

It's called "ma~nana" - sorry I can not depict it correctly - a word that points to an unreal, nearly mystical "Tomorrow", a state of mind, when all will be better. Perhaps comparable with the song we heard in your youth "Morsche Kinner werd's was gewe ..." - eine Verheißung ... (Ich erspar' uns jezz all' den ideologiekritischen Krempel, ja ?)

copyright stuff ©

© the artwork, photographs and writings are mine, unless i credit somebody else. if you would like to use them please let me know. of course, use of my artwork or photographs on your part are only for noncommercial purposes.
from /t.

Foam, Flux & Flowers

for Foam Foam Flux and Flowers
Dataset for Foam, Flux & Flowers
  "·       foam             C"

Artist"s recognizing artistry

Artist"s recognizing artistry
THE WIZARD'S HAT AWARD

LIBRA

LIBRA

Das Wildschwein

Das Wildschwein
last year's christmas cd to a blogger formerly known as schaumi ... from a beloved blogger formerly known as k9 ...:)
¡¡¡<"HO>"!!!
¡¡¡<"HO>"<HO> <HO> <HO> <HO> <HO>!!!

and she's current christmas masterpiece

and she's current christmas masterpiece
we luvs ya, she dawgy