Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Untitled

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the ole USA.

So, I'm wishing everybody a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Hannukah!

I found out from lx that Thanksgiving coincides with the 1st day of Hanukkah this year, an occurrence that will not happen for another 70 000 years! Of course, the earth in 70 000 years? .. it's hard to imagine ..

 
 

 

I was up early making a couple of sweet potato pies.

Tomorrow I will make mashed potatoes and a spaghetti squash dish.

 

 

Here's a favorite song of mine ..

 

And here are the haiku I wrote for this past Haiku Monday which Doom hosted.


waves rock the kayak

with quickened strokes I paddle..

lightning heralds doom


Lightning illumines!

Reverberations sparkle..

Light of light and dark

 

Oops, I forgot to mention what I'm thankful for. Y'all, of course .. :-)

 

14 comments:

LX said...

Happy Thanksgiving Foam.

I'm baking mincemeat pies as I type.

foam said...

Oh, yum!

63mago said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

You have a radio behind your oven?

Wahnsinn ...

foam said...

No, that is part of the oven. It's an older gas range stove. The buttons you see control the oven part.
And a happy Thanksgiving tou you!

foam said...

Well, wenigstens einen angenehmen Donnerstag.

Karl said...

Good evening Foam,

Great song. Funny that it was recorded off Prairie Home Companion, I remember the show.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

foam said...

Yeah, me too. I still listen to them when I catch a show.
Happy thanksgiving to you too!

Rafael said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Foam!

The mister will be hobnobbing with my mom, as he cooks his famous cornbread dressing...whilst I watch football and roust up the nephews to a feverish pitch. Good times:D

foam said...

Rafa,
That's the best of times .. :-)

dianne said...

Happy Thanksgiving dearest Foamy, have a wonderful day with your family and friends.
Those pies look delicious!
xoxoxo ♡

foam said...

Thank you! You have a nice day too?
xo

foam said...

Oops make that without the question mark .. :-)

Doom said...

I'm quite grateful for friends like you as well.

Looks like a busy day. But fun too. Be well.

foam said...

It's fun because the boys are home for a while :-)
xo

copyright stuff ©

© the artwork, photographs and writings are mine, unless i credit somebody else. if you would like to use them please let me know. of course, use of my artwork or photographs on your part are only for noncommercial purposes.
from /t.

Foam, Flux & Flowers

for Foam Foam Flux and Flowers
Dataset for Foam, Flux & Flowers
  "·       foam             C"

Artist"s recognizing artistry

Artist"s recognizing artistry
THE WIZARD'S HAT AWARD

LIBRA

LIBRA

Das Wildschwein

Das Wildschwein
last year's christmas cd to a blogger formerly known as schaumi ... from a beloved blogger formerly known as k9 ...:)
¡¡¡<"HO>"!!!
¡¡¡<"HO>"<HO> <HO> <HO> <HO> <HO>!!!

and she's current christmas masterpiece

and she's current christmas masterpiece
we luvs ya, she dawgy