Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Haiku Monday - Our dancing winner!

The leg that I hurt while dancing a few weeks ago..
Yesterday, I graduated from a splint to a cast. Purty, eh?



Might as well ... git 'er done .. this haiku judging thingie, that is.. I tend to repost the haiku that were submitted as an easier overview for myself. They are at the bottom if you are interested in rereading them. My oldest has come for an unexpected visit, so this write up will be a bit unedited and brief.. I do want to thank you all for your outstanding contributions!
Here is what stood out as I read these haiku..
Humor...
Doom with his move da boom, wiggle and waggle.. Still cracks me up.
Rafa with his party's in ma pants and the accompanying visual.. ;-)
Favorite lines ..
Karl's .. bobble headed shuffling
Rafa's.. Crickets chirp as fireflies waltz
Serendipity's .. Twigs in spring ice skirts
becca's .. tangled limbs entwined sway
fleurdeleo's .. plume insouciance
Favorite visuals..
Serendipity..especially for her first two entries. Just wow!
Rafa.. no surprise there, eh?
Grumpy Granny .. Her lovely dancers remind me of Henri Matisse's Dance!
Special thanks..
to our two participants, lx and Carol who both submitted lovely haiku even though they are not paying.
Stand out haiku..
Her grumpiness ..

Music caresses,
Sensuous curves swerve and sway
Ample flesh beguiles.

Rafa..

Flirting with a dream
Crickets chirp as fireflies waltz
Dandelions twirl

Serendipity
Twigs in spring-ice skirts
rock their hems amidst riffles.
Chill nights still hold sway.


And our winner


Twigs in spring-ice skirts
rock their hems amidst riffles.
Chill nights still hold sway.

I felt I had no choice this time around to pick Serendipity as our winner. I loved all her haiku, but this one stood out.
Plus, if ever visuals swayed my vote, it was this time around. Serendipity is an artist with her photography. Each of her photos are a visual haiku. So, Serendipitous .. Looking forward to next week's theme.. :-)


Awesome haiku contributions ..


Doom..
Down but Not Out
I can't lift a leg.
Won't discuss the particulars.-
Of mind, my legs jiggle.


Move da Boom

Wiggle the way over.
Hip check, waggle, nod and duck.
Sweetpea! ~ I love you.


One Chance Over and Over?


Box step, then ball change,
cross body lead, dos-a-dos.
Make flourishes count.

As With Many Things, Your Choice


share glory or not
step together- dominate
selfish or loving

LX ..
[not an entry]

eins. zwei. drei. walzer.
schöne tanzen mädchen foam.
eins. zwei. zauber zeit.


Karl..

Fledgling Osprey chick
Bobble headed shuffling
Soon dancing in sky


Fred, danced with grace.
Style so many love to see.
Ginger...heels, backward


Young man light on feet
Soon achieves ultimate goal
Horizontal bop


Carol..
[not an entry]

Music stirs her feet,
A hawk pirouettes in flight,
Both fly free, then swoop.


Rafael..

Booty say'n, "WHAAAT!?!"
Swing it, sway it; rhythmical
Party's in ma' pants


Flirting with a dream
Crickets chirp as fireflies waltz
Dandelions twirl


Serendipity..


Slender. Elegant.
Flamboyant paired performance!
Sandhill nuptials.


Twigs in spring-ice skirts
rock their hems amidst riffles.
Chill nights still hold sway.


Dancing destruction;
Flames whirl and race, leaping high.
Summer’s smoky drought



Grumpy Granny..

Music caresses,
Sensuous curves swerve and sway
Ample flesh beguiles.

becca..

illuminated
tangled limbs entwined sway
moonlight masquerade

multicolored
secrets whispered in the wind
flowers dance wild free

Fleurdeleo..

Swooping sleight of hand.
Lush charade mesmerizes;
plume insouciance.

Aunty Belle..

Green light summer eve
To the music of crickets
Danced on Daddy's shoes

17 comments:

Aunty Belle said...

Well, ya' know I agree a wif' this!
Perfect match of haiku wif' visual. Congrats, Serendipity, excellent stuff.

Super theme, an' spot on judgin'.

Leslie said...

I bow down before "twigs in spring-ice skirts"! No question. Serendipity, absolutely fabulous!

Nice entries, all--and thanks, Foam for your wonderful theme and crisp, thoughtful write-up.

Fleurdeleo said...

I bow down before "twigs in spring-ice skirts"! No question. Serendipity, absolutely fabulous!

Nice entries, all--and thanks, Foam for your wonderful theme and crisp, thoughtful write-up.

Rafael said...

Tickle me delicious!
With feathers fraught with fright
Dancing 'pon my ample flesh
insouciance divine

What a fun turnout... the ladies in particular really knew how to bring the heat...YUMMY!

Serendipity, looks like you got the last punch, and what a punch it was...LOVED IT!

Thanks, Foam, for another great week. You truly are the queen's mammary, milked in honey'd dew!D

Raf

foam said...

You are all welcome!
Rafa, love your little poem!

Carol said...

You picked a good one! I love it!

And thanks for the mention!

Doom said...

Nice looking cast. For you. So, when do they remove that? I've never had more than an arm in a sling... crushed the muscles and got a hole through it at the same time. Glad you have what it takes. The idea makes me clostro.

Hmm, nice contest. The theme really pulled people out of their comfort zones, innit? And the general summer malaise. Even so, there was a fine variety of takes. All fun and games until someone is crutching around?

*ducks*

foam said...

You are so welcome, Carol!

Doom, this cast is removed on the 13th. Then I'm put in another cast where my foot is held at more of a right angle to my foot for another couple of weeks. After that I'm put into a walking boot that I can put weight on.
I'm claustrophobic, btw. There are times when this cast makes me feel so, especially at night. Heck, I felt claustrophobic during my pregnancies .. Not a whole lot you can do about it but breath through the anxiety.

It was a nice contest thanks to the many wonderful contributions of our fellow haikuers. No need to duck, btw :-)

grumpygranny said...

Tried to do this earlier on my phone but it wouldn't go through. Congratulations to the Serendipitous One! Well deserved and a stunning photo, too! Looking forward to next week's theme.

Cheers,
GG

Karl said...

Good evening Foam,

Twas a fine time. You are always a most gracious and attentive host. Thank you! Nice job everyone.

Congratulations Serendipity! Looking forward to a topic that will likely be on the wild side.

Foam, that cast looks heavy. Please be careful with it. Wouldn't want to hear of Pine Top Swamp receiving a head injury;)

foam said...

Granny,
Looking forward to next week's theme myself!

Karl,
It was my pleasure.
I can't reach his head like that .. :-). He's way to tall. I'd have to knock him upside the leg or oe thing......
And this is a fiberglass cast. It's not that heavy, but it sure can scratch the dickens out of you. I have a scraped thumb knuckle from getting to close.

serendipitouswildmoments said...

Whoa, Foam that is a pretty fancy cast. You must have really done it! I guess with fiberglass they can put in fabric with whatever pattern? My last one was white plaster ;-).

I am truly surprised to find myself winner. I thought sure Karl or Fleur had it! Though Aunty's did tug heart strings. There were some great 'kus, as usual. Thank you. I am honored and flattered.

I'll post a theme tomorrow, I hope to be off on a camping trip this weekend. No computers, no crises, no cellphones. I need a break from the too-long days at the office. So I will be tardy looking in on everyone. Nevertheless, once I am back I'll do so.

foam said...

Serendipity..
They have all kinds of colors and patterns with fiberglass now. I could have gone with camouflage. The colors and patterns are printed directly on to the fiberglass it looks like. I could ave gone white but I though ..hy not have fun with it, eh?
I found myself way surprised to have won this week myself.
So, I know how you feel. Karl's and Fleur's were great. I considered them aswellmas a few others, but I pickedyou .. so there .. :-). Don't worry about ring gone. Well arty at your place on our own. Perhaps we won't trash it up too much, but I can't promise anything.
Have fun camping!

becca said...

congrats to Serendipity..

haiku-monday-theme-reflection said...

Hi Foam, and everyone else.

The theme is up at Serendipity's. Stop by and play!

http://serendipitouswildmoments.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/haiku-monday-theme-reflection/

serendipitouswildmoments said...

I have been stopping in to invite folks, but Fishy has all but Blogger types blocked. Also when my computer crashed I lost some addresses, so please pass the word.

foam said...

As we say in the south .. sho' nuff ..
You know, it's on account of all the terrible spam we get when we allowed anonymous comments. But, allowing openID seems to work. I've not had spam since then.

copyright stuff ©

© the artwork, photographs and writings are mine, unless i credit somebody else. if you would like to use them please let me know. of course, use of my artwork or photographs on your part are only for noncommercial purposes.
from /t.

Foam, Flux & Flowers

for Foam Foam Flux and Flowers
Dataset for Foam, Flux & Flowers
  "·       foam             C"

Artist"s recognizing artistry

Artist"s recognizing artistry
THE WIZARD'S HAT AWARD

LIBRA

LIBRA

Das Wildschwein

Das Wildschwein
last year's christmas cd to a blogger formerly known as schaumi ... from a beloved blogger formerly known as k9 ...:)
¡¡¡<"HO>"!!!
¡¡¡<"HO>"<HO> <HO> <HO> <HO> <HO>!!!

and she's current christmas masterpiece

and she's current christmas masterpiece
we luvs ya, she dawgy