Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fingerprints..



stealthily he came -
the thief who scaled two stories.
fingerprints? not found..



For their prompt Haiku Heights is using the word fingerprints. I do declare .. :-) .. They use the most interesting prompts. Before I decided to participate, I visited several participating bloggers to see how they had interpreted the theme. (Sorry, folks, for not commenting yet) I found lovely haiku ranging from the profound, to the religious, to the whimsical.

In a million years, I would not have thought to use the theme this way. When I think fingerprints, I think forensic science. For you see, I've been fingerprinted before. And not because I did anything wrong, but because a burglar had broken into our home when I was an 18 or 19 year old lass. In order to find the right fingerprints, they needed to eliminate my prints and those of my family. Alas, we had so many different fingerprints in the house that his could not be distinguished.

None of the fingerprints found were on file. However.. I've often wondered if they kept mine?


PS:
Oh, btw.. I encountered the burglar. It was not pleasant. I still flinch when somebody inadvertently points a sharp object at me.

7 comments:

readinpleasure said...

What an experience. Your haiku says it all

mindlovemisery said...

Oh wow that is scary, the haiku is fantastic

foam said...

Yes, it certainly was. I don't really think about it very much. It was so long ago.

The Write Girl said...

What a harrowing tale! I also thought of fingerprint in the criminal sense. Nice haiku.

foam said...

Thank you!

Nanka said...

Scary to face someone with a sharp object!! The thieves here scale even eight and ten storey buildings!! They really are a daring lot!! Keep safe!!

foam said...

Hello, Nanka! Thanks for visiting. They are a daring lot. This incident took place I while I was still living in Germany, btw.

copyright stuff ©

© the artwork, photographs and writings are mine, unless i credit somebody else. if you would like to use them please let me know. of course, use of my artwork or photographs on your part are only for noncommercial purposes.
from /t.

Foam, Flux & Flowers

for Foam Foam Flux and Flowers
Dataset for Foam, Flux & Flowers
  "·       foam             C"

Artist"s recognizing artistry

Artist"s recognizing artistry
THE WIZARD'S HAT AWARD

LIBRA

LIBRA

Das Wildschwein

Das Wildschwein
last year's christmas cd to a blogger formerly known as schaumi ... from a beloved blogger formerly known as k9 ...:)
¡¡¡<"HO>"!!!
¡¡¡<"HO>"<HO> <HO> <HO> <HO> <HO>!!!

and she's current christmas masterpiece

and she's current christmas masterpiece
we luvs ya, she dawgy